The aim of this course is to introduce students with key knowledge in the field of Engineering Drawing and CAD as applied to Engineering design practice in first angle and third angle projections. It covers Orthographic and Isometric projection of regular objects. It also introduces CAD modeling to engineering design.
Having successfully completed this module, students should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Introduction to drawing: instruments, lines, Dimensioning, Convention representation of material and features.
- Orthographic and Isometric projection of solids.
- Sectional views.
- Introduction to CAD modeling using Autocad Software
Lecturer: Eng. Fabrice Uwiduhaye
- Teacher: Eng. Fabrice Uwiduhaye
EM is composed by three parts which are EIA, EA and SEA
- Teacher: Telesphore Kabera
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER 2 PROPERTIES OF FLUID
CHAPTER 3 FLUID STATICS:
CHAPTER 4 FLUID DYNAMICS
CHAPTER 5 FLUIDCHAPTER 6 FLOW MEASUREMENTS
CHAPTER 7 FLOW THROUGH PIPES
§ Teaching Scheme: Weeks 1-14
Lectures and Practical
§ Assessment Scheme
CAT1: 15 Marks
CAT2: 15 Marks
HOMEWORK: 10 Marks
Quizzes: 5 Marks
Lab Works: 5 Marks
MODULE LEADER PROFILE
MSC Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
University of Rwanda, Department of Civil, Environmental and
Research direction: water resources management, watershed management, Groundwater and surface water numerical simulation and calculation, Groundwater Pollution Control and Remediation, rivers and wetlands management as well as environment protection.
1. Fluid Mechanics and Machinery by C.P.Kothandaraman,R.Rudramoorthy (Second Edition).New Age International Publishers
2. Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics by Modi and Seth, Standard Book House
3. Theory and Applications of Fluid Mechanics – K. Subramanya-Tata McGraw Hill
4. Introduction to Fluid Mechanics by S K Som and G Biswas, Tata Mc Graw Hill.
- Teacher: Telesphore Habiyakare