Advanced Engineering Surveying is a continuity of the introduction to engineering surveying
With the following objectives.
- Road Alignment and Sectioning
- Highway curves
- Construction Surveys
- Deepen their knowledge and application of surveying in development of engineering structures
- To improve Students’ communication skill, leadership and cooperative attitudes of work with others and will be developed through group field practical.
- Develop skills necessary to communicate technical information in a written format.
- Have adequate understanding and knowledge about curves and curve setting
- Understating of other construction related surveys
Lecturer: Eng Ndayisenga Jean Bosco
- Teacher: Eng. Jean Bosco Ndayisenga
This subject introduces the technology of Hydrographic Surveying to students. Its purpose is to provide the necessary knowledge and skills needed for them to confidently accomplish hydrographic surveying tasks. This subject also aims to develop students’ critical and creative thinking, as well as cooperative attitudes & behaviour of working with others. website
At the end of this subject students who gain a pass will be able to:
- Explain the role that Hydrographic Surveying plays in the Geomatics Profession
- Identify the appropriate techniques for different types of surveys
- Read and interpret nautical charts and bathymetric drawings
- Appreciate the limitations of methods
- Synthesize the various options available during the planning process
- Analyse the data collected from a survey and draw conclusions as to it’s suitability for the task in hand
- Discuss with class colleagues the different roles for a hydrographic surveyor on marine projects
- Articulate the concept of the Independent Hydrographic Surveyor
- Teacher: Theoneste Rutayisire
The objective of this course is to provide students with:
· Basic theoretical and practical knowledge/skills to implement a Geographic Information System (GIS) project
· Understanding of the concepts, tools and methods to capture, store, query, analyze, display and output spatial data (geo-Information).
- Teacher: Gilbert Nduwayezu