Welcome to the module "Learning, Teaching and Assessment in HE". It is taught to academic staff to help them improve their skills so that they can perform very well in their teaching activities. This is a non recognised module at UR, it is simply an assignment in the framework of the module LTHE 503 on the blended learning and teaching and was conceived in the perspective to familiarise with the use of ICT tools. The current assignment focuses on the topic "Competence-Based Learning in HE (CBL)" and it is mainly derived from the Module taught by Prof. Wenceslas NZABALIRWA. The assignment was done by a group composed of:
1) KALINGANIRE Charles
2) Dr MUKANYANGEZI M. Francoise
3) MARIZA Dative
4) KAMANZI Emmanuel
5) RUMAGIHWA Liberatha
6) UMUNEZERO Helene
The aim of the module is to provide learners with necessary knowledge and skills in pedagogical domain. Particularly with this topic, the group intended to make more the staff aware of the great need to shift from teacher-centred to student-centred learning using participatory methods.
The learning outcomes are:
(1) In-depth understanding and application of the Competence-based Learning (CBL)
(2) Appropriate use of teaching methods in the perspective of helping students/future professionals adapt theories to the realities on the ground.
(3) Promote CBL at UR by using new technologies
- Teacher: CHARLES KALINGANIRE