The major focus of this course is on design-oriented analysis of topologies and control methods for various power electronic converters used for dc-dc, dc-ac and ac-dc power conversions in important and current applications. PSpice and Matlab based simulations will be used extensively to reinforce the basic concepts, and as a design tool as well. Power semiconductor devices such as MOSFETs and IGBTs will be discussed briefly.
- Teacher: Dr. Charles Mwaniki
- Introduction to the historical and social context of computing; Overview of computer science
as a discipline
- Fundamental programming constructs: Syntax and semantics of a higher-level language;
variables, types, expressions, and assignment; simple I/O; conditional and iterative control
- Fundamental data structures: Primitive types; arrays; records; strings and string processing
- Advanced concepts in C- Pointers, Files, and Structure
This course gives an insight on the common language applied by various engineers to communicate in between themselves to have a common understanding of how to produce designs and products respecting the standards at the international level.
The aim of this module is to provide the students with information technology concepts and practical skills of Microsoft Office programs.